zondag 31 oktober 2010

Essen (I)



Today I was in Essen (Germany) at a very special place. This used to be a mining area, but they are all closed now and made to a cultural place with all kind of art exhibitions and museums. It is called  "World Heritage Zollverein" and it is amazing. I visited a Design museum wich is made in the mine its self. You have to go deep down under the ground in the shafts by steps and the design objects are presented between the old mine objects. It is very special, I have never seen something like this before. Tomorrow I'll show you some more pictures.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I love the building. Can't wait to see more pictures. I think I shall go to a museum this week. Yes I shall!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Aha now I know what it is. How fascinating.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen