This is the courtyard of the National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam, a former arsenal. It is complete renovated and the inner courtyard has got a glass roof now with meridians, which give nice shadows on the building. The historic building dates from 1656 as a storehouse for the Admirality of Amsterdam.
Its self-supporting construction is made up of thousands of pieces of glass in a metal frame.
The ship moored alongside the museum is an exact copy of the famous Dutch East Inda Company ship the Amsterdam, lost on her maiden voyage in 1749.