In 1664 the baker Gerrit Barandsz had built a house in the "Kleine Kattenburgerstreet". In the facade he had sat a nice plaque of a baker in front of his oven, putting his bread in. In 1969 the whole neighbourhoud had to be demolished because the houses were to old. The plaque was removed and stored.
Unfortunately it was rather damaged by its old age and in 2007 the stone was completely restored with the help of photo archives.
In 2009 the stone was replaced, not on the newly built houses, but in a historical style, new built facades of houses at the "Kattenburgersquare". Behind the facade is no barkery but a student apartment/ housing.