The Martini Church was built in the 11th century and is made of tuff . Around 1300 the church was enlarged and had three towers . There was also a wooden bell tower from 1489, built with bells from 1466 and 1543. The present church dates from 1498, then the choir and the nave renewed in the Gothic style. The sacristy on the south side is from the 16th century and is now used as a vestry . The other two towers are demolished. In 1681 the Romanesque western front fell in each other and thus the middle of the three towers collapsed. The church was heavily damaged and rebuilt , but not the towers.
The pretty little tower on top.
The special wooden bell tower. On top are two windvanes but they are reflected by the bright sunshine.
Winter is still far away here, it feels like spring has started already.