donderdag 27 maart 2014

Stairs

The "Stedelijk Museum" in Amsterdam is an international museum dedicated to modern and contemporary art and design. It has been closed for renovations for 10! years but in 2012 it was reopend at last and the whole interior is new. I had mentioned it before in a post in 2012 here.

The museum has many different stairs and even a huge escalator.

The old museum has been expanded with a new extension ( called the bathtub), with the stairs in the pictures above, but this one is in the old part.

11 opmerkingen:

  1. The "bathtub" looks like it could use some, well, art. ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Get those local artists to paint n play on those walls - that would cheer that staircase up - have a free painting day - wouldn't that be fun and "lawful" - usually walls as large as this do not escape the paint cans of "outlaw" artists. ha,ha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love photographing stairs myself. The walls could use a little "dressing up" too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love these photos of stairs. I hope you are going to take us back to view some of the art. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. A person could get a lot of exercise on these stairs. Neat to see the escalator beside the new stairs.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I hope the extension was worth the ten year wait.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Missed that museum on my visit. Guess the escalator is helpful for those that need it. I prefer the stairs.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Dearest Marianne,
    That was quite a renovation over one decennia. But it looks promising from what you reveal here.
    Hugs and happy weekend.
    Mariette

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Love the stairs Marianne.. whenever I have a choice of stairs or escalators I always pick stair, I think of the benefits for my derriere :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen