dinsdag 7 oktober 2014

Photofestival Noorderlicht 2014

What I like very much is visting photofestivals, so last sunday we went up to the north part of the country to the annually "Noorderlicht Photofestival" (Northern Light) in Leeuwarden. Last year the exhibition was in Groningen in an old Sugar factory, which we visited, see the link here. The nice part of the festival is that the exhibitions are spread over the city in unusual locations. The main exhibition was however not so unusual but held in the  new Fries Museum delivered in 2012.



The museum has a great view over the city from the top floor and people were enjoying it sitting is chairs.

The second location was in a shopping mall.

Which was still under construction.

The third location was in the courtyard of this old building from 1874 which used to be a prison, but now is a cultural centre with workshops for artists.

Here the photos were exhibited in the open air.

The right one could be me, blow-dry my hair, ha,ha.

14 opmerkingen:

  1. There is an old prison near me that also has been recently converted into artist workshops.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is a beautiful building with wonderful views. I am most impressed with the view of the village shops through the big windows. Having this festival is a wonderful idea. I remember your festival from last year and these folk sure do pick some nice places to show off photos.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I like photo festivals too. I remember this one from last year. It looks wonderful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. What an unusual project to display these all over. My hubby would absolutely love it, and might even enter a picture or two.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I prefer the look of the older building, but the newer one seems to have more natural light with all that glass.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I am surprised they exhibited photographs out in the open given the iffy weather there at times. I do like the hair dryer photo the best.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. So as a photographer , you would find this most interesting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Mooie locaties voor een fototentoonstelling.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Such a rich variety of settings for these photos. I think I prefer the old prison of the three.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I would have enjoyed this exhibit, too. Interesting that they spread it out over several locations.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Dearest Marianne,
    Quite interesting from the Frisian Museum, to the not yet finished shopping mall and in the courtyard of the former prison. As long as the weather would cooperate, that makes for a good walk too! Great initiative and glad the Frisian Museum got established for that purpose.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I would love to see the photographs and the interesting venues.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. How wonderful to have all the exhibit space.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Just a place for us, people who like to shoot :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen