Two plaques at the facade in the Haarlemmerstreet in Amsterdam.
They both have the same name but with different orthography. They belonged to Jan Pietersz, a barge carrier from Langendijk a little village to the north of Amsterdam, who became burgher of Amsterdam in 1602. In 1631 he had built two houses at this place and his name was now Jan Pietersz. Langendijck.
The sculptor of the two plaques had some great imagination, the view at the village "Broek op Langendijk" is not very realistic, What village had four churches in those days and the orthography of the name of the village is also not correct at the second plaque.
In 2014 the houses were renovated and the plaques were restored and replaced as well.
Linking to Signs, signs.