donderdag 16 maart 2017

Major maintenance

I never could have imagined I would be so interested in roadworks. Must be the old day and the fact it is all set in front of my home! But I am fascinated by the efficiently way the men do their job, it is all in tune what they have to do. There never seems to be any misunderstanding and they seem to enjoy the job and each other. Here they start to cover the parking places with pavers.

Another one is crushing the sand with a machine.

In the meantime he is constructing a drain for rainwater.

You can see how quickly the parking place has progressed.

They have a very inventive machine to lift up the pavers all together form a pallet.

And put it down in front of the one who has to watch it is landing in the right place. I remember from my early days men had to kneel down and hammer brick by brick into the streets. 

At the end of the day, the parking place is ready and the bricks for the road are already placed for the next day. 

13 opmerkingen:

  1. Leuk om dat van zo dichtbij te kunnen volgen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That would be interesting to watch. Looks like they are doing a fine job.
    That new linkup was for artists ...not photos. I realized after I had already posted ...oops!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. You have a construction drama ☺ playing out right before your eyes Marianne! They really do everything so much faster these days. The same thing is happening on my road, two million dollars worth of road upgrades.. incroyable!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Yes, comforting to see people doing a job well

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. It does seem like they're making good progress.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Yes, I remember bricks being places one at a time. Somebody is always inventing something new.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Living in United States I've seen brick side walks and road ways. But they were laid ages ago.
    But it look inviting to me.
    Coffee is on

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. You can see a day by day upgrade being made. Very interesting Marianne.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Efficient workers are hard to come by . They have done a great job and quickly by the looks.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. They are efficient and organised.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I'm impressed by how neat they've kept the work site.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen