donderdag 13 juni 2019

Lust for Life

 The Netherlands Photomuseum in Rotterdam has an exhibition "Lust for Life" of Dutch photographer Ed van der Elsken (1925-1990) He is well known for his streetphotos in the sixties and the seventies. In 2016  his colour slides were discovered that were in a bad condition and had inmediately to be restored, 42.000 colour photos were cleaned and saved forever from destruction.

Here an example of the restoration.

It was a joy to see all the photos of the sixties in Amsterdam, the" flower power" and "sit ins".
Brought back nice memories of that time when we lived there too.

I had the same blue shoes with platform soles! And a mini-skirt too.
You can read more "here"


10 opmerkingen:

  1. Bons tempos os anos 60 em Amsterdam e aproveito para desejar a continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. How absolutely wonderful that his work has been restored and saved Marianne.I would love to see this exhibition and yes the heels and mini skirt look familiar to me also 😊

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's good to hear that those slides were restored. Somewhere in a box buried in the bottom of a closet are my old negatives and a few slides I've kept. I wonder what shape they are in.
    I love those blue shoes but, I'm really impressed by the fact that she can adjust the straps while standing on one leg. I wish I could still do that.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. These photos were restored so well. I wish i could do as well as that on mine and have my memories back. I remember those shoes but i never had them. I saw them in London and asked but my parents wouldn’t buy them. Can’t imagine why, except they probably thought i would break my neck walking in them!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. It's great that they restored his colour slides before it was too late. I would enjoy seeing his exhibition.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. That was a very valuable find. It's surprising how these photos can be improved.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Now there's a fad I sure hope comes back. :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. There most be a lot of museum there.
    Coffee is on

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. That exhibition is a must. I would love to see it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen