We have a currant tree in our frontyard and as it is autumn now with lots of rains, its leaves began to fall off in rapid tempo. So I decided to sweep them up from the street and put them in the bin. Hubby got inspired and started to sweep the roof of our shed and the one of our neighbours. He had borrowed a ladder from the neighbours and they helped us to lift down the leaves in a basket from the roof. We were chatting and laughing with each other when suddenly someone came running by telling that there was smoke coming from the roof of our neighbours house!
It was panic, the neighbor's wife had put a pan with fat on the stove that had sat on fire! She had completely forgotten while helping us with our leaves. She ran into the kitchen to try to blush the fire, but the kitchen was full of smoke already. Luckily the Fire Brigade arrived in a few minutes with three! fire engines and had the fire under control very quickly. The neighbours wife had inhaled smoke and had to go to hospital for treatment. And we all left shaking behind, what disaster can happen in a few minutes.