vrijdag 4 maart 2011

Museum Van Loon

The entry and hallway
The kitchen in the basement


The garden with the coach house with a misty sunshine.

In the heart of Amsterdam on the Keizersgracht stands the house of the Amsterdam regent family Van Loon. In 1602 Willem van Loon co-founded the Dutch East India Company (VOC). The family has opened their home and the collection to the public. I had never been here before, but now I am retired I have the time to visit all the treasures who are waiting for me. 
There was also a great exhibition of a Dutch society portrait painter Therese Schwartze, a kind of Mario Testino of her time. See for more information about the museum here and the painter here

11 opmerkingen:

  1. Wooooooooow!
    What a FANTASTIC place!
    I will add it on my "wish-list".
    Perhaps one day?
    Gunn / Stavanger / Norway

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. nice pictures!!
    i think i was never there. or perhaps when i was really young, when my mother used to take us everywhere in the netherlands by train. i should ask her..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love your blog.....and your fantastic cat!
    Margaret

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. What a gorgeous museum... you have captured the softness of this place with the exquisite lighting in your photos... hope that Pimmie has a great weekend, too!

    Bises,
    Genie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Prachtige photos ! A lovely place that I'll have to visit some day.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. What a fabulous building. I remember learning about the Dutch East India company at school as it was part of Australia's early history.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Prachtige foto's
    Ik ben er nog nooit geweest !!!!

    Fijn week-end
    Knuffels en groetjes
    een extra dikke voor Pimmie


    Kareltje =^.^= ♥ Betsie >^.^<
    Anya :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. This beautiful house has remained in my memory since we visited it some years ago,it's quite a jewel among the city sites of interest I think.
    Thanks for the lovely images!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Oh, how I would love to visit a museum of this quality. You are so lucky!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. How amazingly beautiful! Thank you so much for allowing us to see this place.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen