dinsdag 19 juli 2016

Men and planes

When walking in Huizen last weekend I came by chance along a field with men and radio controlled planes.

Here one came taxiing along. Sorry for the blurry photo's, it went all very quickly.

It had to be attached to another one, a glider,  with a line to lift it up into the air.

When you have a good look you see the glider already at the left above the ground and the other one busy to take off.

The two "pilots".



They went very high up in the air, I tried to find them but felt a bit dizzy with my head in my neck. But here the first one was landing, the glider I haven't seen anymore it was still in the air when I left.
Linking to "Our World Tuesday"

17 opmerkingen:

  1. Guys never really grow up. We are just having too much fun.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. There's an expression- the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. It qualifies here!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Cool! This reminds me of when I was a teen. I lived near a park where dozens of people flew remote controlled planes. It was fun to watch but I never controlled one.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Het lijkt me ook een dure hobby! Maar dat zijn hobby's meestal ;)
    Je hebt er een mooi vervolgverhaal van gemaakt.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. OMG! That's been my hobby since I was a kid, b. It's getting harder and harder, though, to find flying fields.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I think it would be fun to be at the controls

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Man toys. :)
    Very nice. It's nice when you can still find open spaces that are not so crowded, for pastimes like this.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Some of my friends are model airplane fliers. They are a close knit group and all they talk about is flying their models. Some models are very large.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Where I lived in Minnesota there was a club of men who flew these planes from a field and sometimes the planes would wander over our house. My children were always thrilled to hear and then see them. They are expensive toys but what great fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Keeps them out of mischief but I imagine it takes some skill to fly these large model aircraft.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Looks like a lot of fun Marianne, any plane that I don't have to actually get aboard is fine with me 😃

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Looks like a lot of fun Marianne, any plane that I don't have to actually get aboard is fine with me 😃

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I think that is neat. Sure beats sitting at home watching TV. I didn't know they did gliders too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. What a fun hobby! We all need to get in touch with "our inner child!"

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen