woensdag 6 juni 2018

Walking on rooftops (2)

The next high building was built in 1931 for  the Municipal Energy Company (GEB). During WW2, the German Army built on the roof a lookout which made the building 7 meters higher.

The lookout was with dirty glass which made it more misty for a photo.

You can see the "Euromast" tower built in 1960 for a flower exhibition (Floriade).

Here a picture hubby made of me on the building I posted yesterday. I didn't dare to step on those metal rails as many did to make better photos. I thought this was high enough for me....

9 opmerkingen:

  1. What a view! I wouldn't be standing on the rail either. In fact, I might not be looking over the side at all!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That was definitely high enough Marianne, my tummy did a little lurch just seeing you stand so close to the edge 😀 Incroyable views though!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I don't think I could have stepped on those rails either. It looks like there were great views in every direction.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great views from above. I wouldn't go close to the edge of the building either...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Had to look up 7 meters what does one expect for a middle age american.
    Coffee is on

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I like to see views from high up but I also like my feet to be secure.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen